Foam packaging , simply speaking, is a packaging made of foam. Generally speaking, the foam packaging refers to the foaming of polystyrene (EPS) raw materials through molds and heat processing. The packaging products are commonly called "foams". Expandable polystyrene is an aspirational packaging material, which can be processed into packaging products of various shapes and different thicknesses according to needs through the molding process. In the case of high load, the material undergoes deformation, energy absorption, differentiation energy, etc. to achieve the effect of buffering and shock absorption, and together has the function of thermal insulation and heat insulation. EPS packaging products are generally white, and can be produced in color upon request.
1. Lightweight. Part of the space of EPS packaging products is replaced by gas, and each cubic decimeter volume contains 3-6 million independent sealed bubbles. Therefore, it is several to dozens of times larger than plastic.
2. Ability to absorb impact loads. When EPS packaging products are subjected to impact load, the gas in the foam undergoes stagnation and contraction, so that the external energy is consumed and dissipated. The bubble body gradually stops the impact load with a small negative acceleration, so it has a good shockproof effect.
3. Good insulation function. Thermal conductivity is the weighted average of pure EPS thermal conductivity (108cal / mh ℃) and air thermal conductivity (about 90cal / mh ℃).
4. Good sound insulation. There are two main ways for EPS product sound insulation: one is to absorb sound wave energy to reduce reflection and transmission; the other is to eliminate resonance and reduce noise.
5. Anti-static function. Because EPS products have a low conductive function, they can easily become charged during friction, which will not affect the general user products. For high-precision electronic products, especially modern large-scale integrated block structure components, anti-static EPS products should be used.
6. Anti-aging and corrosion function. Except for long time exposure to high energy radiation, the product has no obvious aging phenomenon. Can withstand many chemical substances, such as dilute acid, dilute alkali, methanol, lime, asphalt, etc.