1. Lightweight. Part of the space of EPS packaging products is replaced by gas, and each cubic decimeter volume contains 3-6 million independent sealed bubbles. Therefore, it is several to dozens of times larger than plastic.
2. Ability to absorb impact loads. When EPS packaging products are subjected to impact loads, the gas in the foam undergoes stagnation and contraction, so that the external energy is consumed and dissipated. The bubble body gradually stops the impact load with a small negative acceleration, so it has a good shockproof effect.
3. Good thermal insulation performance. Thermal conductivity is the weighted average of pure EPS thermal conductivity (108cal / mh ℃) and air thermal conductivity (about 90cal / mh ℃).
4. Good sound insulation performance. There are two main ways for EPS product sound insulation: one is to absorb sound wave energy to reduce reflection and transmission; the other is to eliminate resonance and reduce noise.
5. Anti-aging and corrosion performance. Except for long time exposure to high energy radiation, the product has no significant aging phenomenon. Can withstand many chemical substances, such as dilute acid, dilute alkali, methanol, lime, asphalt, etc.
6. Anti-static performance. Because EPS products have low conductivity, they are easy to be charged during friction, and will not affect general user products. For high-precision electronic products, especially large-scale integrated block structure components of modern appliances, anti-static EPS products should be used.